1. Open puttygen.exe (It is often bundled with many git client, e.g. GitExtension. download it here if there isn’t.)
2. Choose “Conversions” -> “Export OpenSSH key“, export it to the home_directory\.ssh\ folder as file “id_rsa”.
3. Do git operations (e.g. commit, push) in PyCharm.
* Note 1: Step 2 will overwrite existing id_rsa, so this approach only applies to single ssh key. If we need to use multiple ssh key, other method is needed (e.g. using .ssh/config file)
* Note 2: I didn’t test the case in which private key is protected using this approach.